Friday, May 16, 2008

Work it 3

To wrap up The Saga Of The Garden --

Rachel put in a wall of cement blocks around the new garden area to match the old one. She measured the old ones and told me to get the 16 inch blocks that looked like trimmed trapezoids. I brought home eight (as many as would reasonably fit in my car) and started unloading them so I could go get more.

They were the wrong size. They were about 6 inches deep and the old ones were about 10.

I would have recognized the difference if Home Depot had had any of the old ones around, but they didn't. We checked Lowes, too; they didn't, either.

To add insult to injury, Rachel had done a lot of extra work digging out the wall area deeper than necessary and had to fill it back in.

After the non-matching wall was in, I rototilled one more time with our neighbor's tiller over the dirt Rachel had excavated for her wall to de-clump it. It took about an hour for what would have been five minutes with the Manly Tiller. I miss that machine.

No comments: