Saturday, May 31, 2008

The difference between Mommy and Daddy

Got pulled over again.  This time by a motorcycle cop at the bottom of a hill coming home from Wal-mart.  

"Do you know why I pulled you over?"

"Probably because I was doing 45."

"That's right.  I'm giving you a written warning.  Keep it down, okay?"

(Man, that really works.)

Matthew and Melissa were with me, and of course Matthew had a zillion questions.  I explained that Daddy was driving too fast.  "Why?"  Well, nobody ever goes 35 down that hill, because the hill just goes right back up again, so you coast down and just let the next rise bleed the speed off.

I showed Rachel the warning receipt.  She was a little inclined to give me a hard time at first.  "Don't tell me you don't do 45 down that hill, because you do," I replied.  Rachel admitted that there was some truth to this.

"But Mommy doesn't get caught!" Matthew put in from the back seat.

1 comment:

Butterfly Girl said...

Kids are always great for putting you back in place, aren't they?