Saturday, May 31, 2008

Too much is not enough

Date night!  Rachel and I dropped the kids off at Gymcats and went up to Game Night Games and played Power Grid.  Power Grid is a notch more complex than something like Settlers, so with it being Rachel's first game and my second, it took a while.  We played with Brian and Peter.  (As Rachel pointed out as we left, "There aren't a lot of women here, are there?")

So we got back to Gymcats around 10:30, way past our kids' bedtime.  Rachel was nervous the whole way down.  "Should I call the gym and see if they're okay?"  "No," I said, "That place is like Melissa heaven."   "Yes, but three hours is a long time for a three year old.  I hope she's not bored and angry and doesn't want to go back."  

The kids were happy to see us.  They were not happy to leave.  I believe Melissa's exact words were, "No!  Never!"  Rachel had to pick her up and carry her out the door.

With luck the kids will sleep in, but I am not counting on it.  Melissa's official bedtime may be 8:30 (or earlier, depending on how tired Mommy and Daddy are), but she has not actually gone to sleep before 10:00 in a long time.  Although I am not actually sure how late Melissa stayed up last night -- I'm assuming not much past when we put her in bed, but I'm not sure, because I was asleep before she was.

No comments: