Saturday, May 03, 2008

A Manly Day

Rototilled Rachel's garden today. Manhandling that sucker around was a good workout. Then I mowed the lawn. Usually Rachel mows the lawn, since I am allergic to grass clippings (really), but I was not about to let my six-month-pregnant wife do the mowing. Now my eyeballs itch; time to stock up on Claritin. (Allegra works even better but getting a perscription is not worth the hassle.)

(Un)fortunately, our neighbor's rototiller is not designed for chewing up lawns, just for turning over already-broken ground. It was unable to make a dent in the grass for the more-than-doubling of the garden area that Rachel was planning. I wasn't too disappointed, since that would have turned a forty-minute job into 3 hours or more. But now I'll probably have to rent a heavy-duty model from Home Depot next week. I know those can do the job, because that's how I put in the garden we have now.

No comments: