Saturday, May 24, 2008

Ultimate

I went to the Sandy ultimate field mentioned on the UPA aite on Tuesday, but the entry was two years old and the contact email bounced so I didn't expect much. Sure enough, there was nobody there.

Ultimate SLC mentioned a group that meets at Murray Park at 11 on Saturdays, so I decided to check that out too. This one sounded more promising.

There was a group of 14 just finishing a game when I arrived. One left so teams were still even with me. I was definitely the worst player there. Seven years ago I would have been in the middle. Now I am fat and slow. I did catch a pass to score and made a couple good throws, as well as some bad ones.

The same group is playing Monday morning, a Memorial Day special. (Almost?) everyone had cleats. Looks like I should get some too.

My neck was sore this morning before I played. As in, "I avoided changing lanes because it hurt to check my blind spot" sore. It was really sore after the ultimate. I iced it and heated it and now it is about back to where it was in the morning. I could use some opiates. Or anything stronger than Advil really. I'd blame getting old but I remember how long my shoulder took to get better 7 years ago. So far I'd have to say my neck is getting better faster than that, not slower. Two different injuries, of course.

1 comment:

Butterfly Girl said...

You should talk to James and Cameo, I think they know just about every league in the coutry, what time they practice, and when the games are! They are going to be very enthusiastic about getting you in on "THE GAME!!!!" My brother Josh plays for a SLC team, too. He would have more info about times/practices, etc.