Friday, May 09, 2008

Demands

Melissa yelled incoherently and kept yelling. For the record, it's 3:50 AM.

I went to see what she wanted. "I wan' da reh sippy tup." [I want the red sippy cup.]

I pulled out the sippy cup Rachel had given her at bedtime. "Here is a perfectly good sippy cup. I'm not getting the red one."

Amazingly, she decided not to argue with me.

Rachel is fairly pleased about this aspect of my polyphasic sleep schedule -- normally, she gets to answer these calls by virtue of being a lighter sleeper.

Update: Melissa got up at 4:30 too. No demands this time but I heard her banging around in her room. She was looking for her princess wand. Silly Daddy, not the old princess wand that I saw in her toy box. The new princess wand that came with her birthday cake. I told her we could look in the morning and turned off her light. She actually accepted this solution. ("Iss dark outside." "Yes. Go back to sleep.")

No comments: