Saturday, May 03, 2008

Mozy reunion

My old employer, Mozy, threw a party at Hard Rock Cafe SLC in honor of Mac Mozy hitting 1.0 and coming out of beta. Rachel found a baby sitter, so we went up and had a good time. At least I had a good time, talking to all my ex-coworkers. (I only knew about half of the people wearing Mozy tags -- they've gone from about 50 people when I left to 80.) Rachel was a good sport talking to a bunch of people she didn't really remember from the Christmas party at the Nickelcade where she met them once, although we've had Jacob and Paul over for games with their wives.

Rachel declined to do vocals on Rock Band but she did consent to do guitar while I did vocals. (She nailed her part. So did I!)

Not at the same time, I played guitar while Jeremy's five year old daughter beat out the drum track. He says she does DDR on Difficult, too. Impressive. ("Heck, my wife is still on Easy," I told him. "So is mine," he replied. I think his wife is named Rachel, too, but I wasn't sure enough to call her by name.)

Free Mozy T-shirts, yay. Only I asked for a XXL for "Rachel" to give to F50's Jeremy, but they gave us an S instead. Shoulda checked the label.

1 comment:

Devin Knighton said...

That's funny Jonathan. Hey it was great seeing you there last night. Shoot me an e-mail and we'll try to send you a better t-shirt.