Thursday, February 07, 2008

I fought the law

Got in from Chicago at 2 AM on a flight that was supposed to be in at 11. They kept saying it was going to be on time until an hour before it should have left, then pushed it back an hour at a time. It could have been worse; the flight before was on time... until it was canceled.

So I was eager to get home.

I figured the cops wouldn't care if you speed a bit at 2:30 AM. I was wrong. I tore past one of those lame "stealth" cop cars, the ones that only have markings on the sides and no lights on top. He flipped on his lights and pulled me over.

I tried my dad's technique: tell the truth.

"Do you know what the speed limit is?" "65, sir." "Do you know how fast you were going?" "Over 80." [examines license] "Slow it down, okay?" "Yessir."

1 comment:

Rachel Ellis said...

Hmmm. I don't think you fought the law... The law was being lenient. :)