Sunday, August 10, 2008

Isaac, night 1

(The night of 08/08/08 was night 0, of course.)

Isaac was pretty pissed all night, starting about 11. He was pissed when he was nursing and he was MORE pissed when he was not.  He slept maybe ten minutes at a time every hour.  Not a fun night.  Rachel gave him to me briefly twice, but she couldn't stand hearing him yell even distantly, and even when he was just going to yell at her instead if she took him back.  So we watched a Cosby show together at 2:30 AM, after which I went to wal-mart and got a couple pacifiers, just in case they might help, and some zingers for Rachel and doritos for me, in case they didn't.

At 7 AM Isaac was much happier and slept for an hour, then fell asleep again at 9.  Rachel thinks it is because her milk came in.  I think it is because, having kept us up all night, his work is done.  For now.

Rachel is pretty wasted this morning, but I'm actually in pretty good shape.  That's a nice bonus to my polyphasic sleep schedule; I got all my naps in yesterday during the day while Isaac was happy.  Napping seems to account for about 2/3 of my restedness.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello everyone! Congts on the newest Ellis baby:) I can not wait to see a picture of him. I love so much my nephews and nieces. Best, Dielha