Friday, August 29, 2008

Interesting People at PCMC

I was chit-chatting with one of the few male nurses I've seen, a gentleman probably in his late 50s. He was friendly guy who liked to talk. I asked him how long he'd worked at Primary's and he said 4 years. "Oh, so where did you work before that?" "I was in construction for 25 years before that."
How's that for a career change?

Around noon I saw a woman in the scrubbing up room of the NICU. She had a heplock still in her hand, and I asked if she'd come from the hospital. "Yeah, I just had my baby this morning."
!!!

While parking the car one day, I spotted two women in long dresses. Did a double take, and sure enough, long prairie type dresses and gibson girl hairdos. They were clearly FLDS. I've only seen them in person once before...protesting a bill before the legislature eight years ago. (As I recall, the bill passed.)

Several days ago, when I was in the mother's room pumping, Jonathan recognized a woman passing in the hallway. "Hey, I think you delivered my son nearly 6 years ago at American Fork Hospital."
"Yep, that sounds about right."

No comments: