Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Memo to Isaac

Isaac, my son, the past few weeks you have dined quite frequently at the all night buffet. Every two hours in fact. Between your appetite and my milk you have grown remarkably well, and your father and I are very pleased about that. However, all the baby books agree, you do NOT need to eat quite so frequently any more. You are not a skinny newborn any longer; you are a big, chubby 2.5 month old.

Grownups are funny creatures, they need sleep in bigger chunks of time to be fully functioning. Mommy is no exception. Three hours here, or four hours there is all I ask. So let's make a deal. Tonight I will rock you if you wake up before 3 hours have past since you last dined. This is to encourage you to sleep for slightly longer stretches at a time. So let's give this a try. Mommy needs to have the energy to carry the nearly 15 pounds of you throughout the day.

Lots of Love,

Your tired Mom

No comments: