Saturday, October 18, 2008

Melissa is cleaning her room

I told her she could clean her room, or she could sit on the steps in the garage (where her yells do not echo so loud).  She chose to sit for twenty minutes, then decided she would rather clean her room.

The results reminded me of growing up with Grant.  He'd start cleaning his room with the best of intentions, then at some point he'd inevitably unearth a book he hadn't seen in a while.  "Hello, old friend!  What were you doing there?"  And then of course he'd have to finish reading it.  Or maybe re-read it.

I told Melissa to start by picking up her animals.  She started well enough, but when I passed her room just now, the animals were having a party on her dresser.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Don't forget that the party is really a petition by the toy animals for better rights and representations.

"We demand more play time"

"Have some more tea"

In the corner of the room, a doll waits. Soon her voice will too be heard... The room must remain a mess!

Grant Ellis said...

Lisa still reminds me I'm cleaning and not reading, actually. :)