Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Just Call Dr. Matthew

(Disclaimer: this post was approved by Andrea)

Andrea came this weekend to do some job "shopping" and spend time with her favorite niece and nephews. (Granted they are her only niece and nephews, but still.) While here she's been spending time with a particular friend. We'll just call him "Jeremy." Aunt Andrea and Jeremy were at his office, when Matthew asked point blank, "Jeremy, are you going to marry Aunt Andrea?" Taken aback Jeremy hemmed and hawed so Matthew interjected, "Well, if you don't, I will!"

Later Matthew decided Aunt Andrea needed some relationship advice. "Aunt Andrea, I have a secret! I know how to get Jeremy to ask you to marry him. You need to invite him to your birthday party. And you need to be nice to him. Bring ice cream to where he works. Also ask him over and make dinner. Don't forget to give Jeremy a present on his birthday."

Amused, Andrea asked, "Well, what if I do those things and it doesn't work?"

"Trust me, it will work."

This kind of reminds me of when Jonathan and I first started dating (note: this was very early on, we weren't even at the hands holding stage). We were invited to dinner at some friends' house, when their 6 year old asked Jonathan, "Is Rachel a part of your family?"

"Not yet, Joe. Not yet."

Now there's confidence for you! Ever since Jonathan has held a special place in his heart for Joe.

6 comments:

Jonathan Ellis said...

Note: I _tried_ to get to the hand holding stage, but I was brutally SHUT DOWN.

(Several years into our marriage, she decided she was ready for this.)

Telitha said...

I my gosh, Matthew is hilarious!

Renee said...

hmmmm... how old is Matthew? Something isn't adding up... LOL

Anonymous said...

.What a sweet memory--I hope you will do the same for Joe some day! VAL

Unknown said...

...Just when I was proud of myself for remembering that this had occurred at Val's place, I see she had posted and thus stripped me of all kudos for remembering.

Incidentally, does Val get credited with an assist there?

James, Cameo, Jacob, and Eli said...

Too funny!! I'm sure Andrea was dying at the time, but I'm sure she laughs at it now!!