Monday, December 15, 2008

Tis the Season

For the last six years we have put up this artificial Christmas tree and sworn that this year will be the last, dammit.  It's fiendishly designed to be as aggravating as possible to set up.  (Rachel says, "It's not we.  It's I."  But she has made me help every year.  "Did not!"  "Did so!")  So she wants to get a real tree next year.  But I remember getting a real tree as a kid and it's a royal pain in the backside.  Needles all over the place, just to start.  You haven't had Vacuum Rage until you've had a pine tree shedding all over your living room as it slowly dies.

So.  Any suggestions for an artificial tree that won't take so long to set up (and take down)?

Our current one doesn't have a model number or anything.  It's just helpfully labeled "holiday tree," 7 ft 2 in model, by General Foam Plastics.  On sale at Lowes.

But, if you have one you like, it might save me from getting seriously injured next year.  Possibly by a Christmas tree with too-dry needles catching fire like you sometimes hear about.  But more likely, by a grumpy wife.

(Postscript: I suggest not blogging about your wife while she has a glass full of ice cubes close to hand.  Not that she would ungraciously slip them down your shirt or anything.  Just saying.)

1 comment:

Kathleen and Justin Lofley said...

I saw a tree once whose branches were all on hinges, so you just folded them upwards and shoved the whole thing (in 2 pieces) into the box. Not that I know where or when I saw it, or perhaps I just made it all up.

Lol. Hope I helped!