Wednesday, November 12, 2008

San Antonio day 4


I spent all morning driving and filling out forms but it won't take much time to tell about it.

I went to USAA to get money orders for the application fee and security deposit.  I figured when I got there (9 AM in SA, 8 in UT) Rachel would know which house she wanted.  I called and she was driving, so I waited for her to get home and check out #1 online.  She called back and we talked it through again.  About 10:20 we decided on #1.  So I got in line.  About five minutes later as I got to the front of the line, Rachel called and said the schools for #5 were better so let's do that.  I let four people go in front of me and then got in the back of the line so I could take my time talking.

This time we were done.  #5 it is.  I got the money orders and went over to the real estate office, where I gave a blood sample for DNA testing.  (Kidding.  But almost.)  They were really very surly about the whole thing considering that I was trying to pay them money.  I hope we don't need anything fixed because I don't think they are going to be very helpful if we do.  Then I forged Rachel's signature on a few forms and headed to the airport.

San Antonio has one of those nice little airports that is small enough that the security line is never huge and it can afford to provide free wireless internet access for everyone.  And rocking chairs.  I like it.

1 comment:

Dennis Roberts said...

Jonathan & Racheal,

My name is Dennis Roberts I was your neighbor when you lived in Riverpark Estates in Draper, UT. Would you please send me your email asap so I can email you a request about our HOA. I am on the HOA board. My email address is dlroberts55@gmail.com. Thank you hope things are going well for you. Like your blog.

Dennis Roberts