Saturday, November 15, 2008

My wife sold my couches

The couches are gone.

Rachel listed them on Craigslist for $50 takes both.  They lasted less than 24h.  8 years old, showing some Matthew- and Melissa-related wear, but in pretty good shape.  In fact the man who took them away gave her $60.  I guess he felt like he was really getting a steal.  (He almost bought the weight set, too, but his wife said No.  I felt a moment of kinship with him.)

The family room is very empty without them.  I don't mind, for the most part.  I can stretch my legs out in front of me to use my laptop.  But it was a weird feeling when I went to change Isaac and I had to put him on the floor.

Melissa was perhaps the most impressed by the change.  She wants to buy new couches Right Now.  We'll get new ones after the move -- leather ones.

I wanted leather couches way back when, but Rachel liked cloth upholstery better.  (As I like to explain, "we compromised: we bought the cloth ones.")  After 6 years of laundering the cushion covers to get out the various indignities inflicted by our offspring, she's on board for leather this time.

1 comment:

Telitha said...

sad! I have a hard time getting rid of things... but leather sounds nice. I don't know if ours real leather (we got them from a friend for free), but they're easy to clean and I read they are good for allergy sufferers since they don't harbor as much dust.