Saturday, November 15, 2008

Manly Things

Daddy is rocking Isaac right now.  

Isaac is cooing and grinning up at his Daddy.  I said something about a baby flirt and Jonathan interjected, "Men don't flirt, men bond.  We're talkin' about manly things."  Jonathan then gushes, "Isn't that right?  Who's a happy baby?  WHO'S Daddy's baby, huh?  Yes, you're a cute one, yes you are!  You make Daddy want to have more!  Isaac, my boy.  Who's my Isaac?  Yeeaaaah!  Isaac the pumpkin.  The BIG pumpkin.  YOU'RE my Isaac! Wheeeee!"  Jon bounces him up and down.  Meanwhile Isaac is cooing, blowing bubbles, and happily grunting right back.  The two of them continue their back and forth exchange for a while.

I chuckle at the scene.  

"What are you smiling about?"  

"Oh, you two are just cute."

"Hear that Isaac?  Mommy thinks we're cute!"  

Shhh, don't let on that you know:  Jon talks a big talk, but he's really a big softy.  

1 comment:

James, Cameo, Jacob, and Eli said...

Very cute!! I love it, too, when James interacts so cutely with Jacob. Men with their own babies are just inevitable softies!!