Saturday, November 01, 2008

Fall Fun

We went to the neighborhood Halloween party Wednesday night.  There was a chili cook-off, a spook alley, and a little carnival with activities for kids.  All of the kids show up in costume and many of the adults, though fewer adults did this year.  Kind of a bummer, because I had to use all of my sweet talking to convince Jonathan to dress up.  When we got there Jonathan was quick to point out all of the other lame adults.  One couple really had fun dressing up, though.  She wore an oven with a door that opened and a "bun" inside.  He wore a chef's hat and apron that said "The bun maker."  Too funny.  Incidentally, she is expecting.

Jonathan went as a dark jedi, Matthew as the Caped Crusader, Melissa as a tiger, "Roar!", and Isaac a lion.  This is the same lion costume that Melissa wore at 6 months.  It is not too big on Isaac.  I just dressed as a witch.  How original, yeah, I know.  Next year maybe I'll be a little more creative.  Needless to say the kids had a great time at the party.   





Matthew flexing as Batman!














Thursday night was pumpkin carving night. Matthew designed and carved his very own pumpkin this year.




















Melissa picking out her pumpkin.  We went to a pumpkin patch to collect pumpkins for carving and to take a few cute pictures.  











Isaac on the tractor.


Matthew and Melissa playing on the tractor.  Last June Matthew helped Grandpa load wood and dirt in the front loading tractor and drive it around with him.  Grandpa even let Matthew steer.  This kept the two of them occupied for hours.  Later Matthew came bounding up to me and exclaimed, "This is the most funnest day I ever had!!!"



1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am glad to see that Matthew is developing properly. I had been worried with all the video games he plays until I saw him flexing in the batman suit.

Cute photos. Next year Isaac could go as a sumo wrestler:P