Friday, November 21, 2008

Driving, day one

Took the kids in the morning so Rachel could rest after being up with Isaac (and Melissa!) all night.  Got on the road at 10; stopped at the post office and comcast -- to return their modem -- and got on the road for real at 11.

Drove through Price.  Didn't really notice.

Drove through Moab.  I was surprised that it wasn't bigger.  Had a chicken sandwich.

Drove through a slice of Colorado.

Drove through Gallup, NM.  Had KFC.  Found out I do not care for the "Colonel's Strips."  Will stick to real chicken in the future.

Drove to Albuquerque.  Got a $40 room at a Motel 6.

I actually like the $3 internet better than the places with free internet, because when it's free too many people suck up the bandwidth.  With a $3 charge I have lots to myself.  (But $10, like the fancy hotels like to charge their mostly-business-traveler clientele, feels like being ripped off.)  The same principle applies to highways, too, which is why I  am not as anti-toll as some.

I am on track to get to SA after another 11 hours tomorrow.

No comments: