Saturday, September 06, 2008

TV ignoramus needs your help

Rachel told me that we need to find a new TV show to watch.  She had no suggestions herself, but she rejected all my suggestions as too guy-oriented.  We like

  • Mysteries (Nero Wolfe, Columbo, Monk)
  • Comedy (Cosby Show, Jeeves and Wooster, The Muppet Show, The Tick)
  • Samurai 7 (the anime, not Seven Samurai the movie) (yes, Rachel liked this one too, but I don't think I can put "Action" or "Anime" as a category with one data point)
  • Samurai Jack (hmm, another action psuedo-anime: maybe Rachel just has a thing for guys with big swords)

Help?

Difficulty: must be available on DVD or hulu.com.

6 comments:

abby said...

The Office is one of my faves, but I like awkward humor. A lot of TV doesn't seem like it's worth watching. Sometimes BBC America has gem. My roomies and I got into a series called Shakespeare Retold which is on NetFlix. There are only four episodes, but it takes a Shakespeare play and puts it in a modern setting. I'm not sure if you'd enjoy it but Rachel might. Macbeth is pretty dark but the play is that way too.

jeremy said...

My sister's family recently got into the sci-fi channel show Eureka.

I've been into the Mythbusters and Ninja Warrior (G4) for quite a while.

There's also the quirky show Pushing Daisies that can be found through hulu.

Maybe it's time to venture into the magical world of the A-Team!! :-)

Whose Line Is It Anyway? both British and American editions can be pretty funny.

Telitha said...

I found out you can get Monk on usanetwork.com. I love it, especially since there are only 4 short commercials! And all you need is the internet. Pysch is also on usanetwork.com and I like that one also, although I have only watched 2 episodes.

Telitha said...

P.S. woah, I just checked out hulu.com... really neat! We only get 3 channels so I'm excited to try this:)

Our little family said...

PSYCH! We love Psych as much as we like Monk. Jonathan, you would like Myth Busters, but I'm not sure about Rachel. I can't really sit and watch a whole show of it, but Rusty loves it.

Foyle's War is a BBC show, and we really enjoyed it. Slow on the action, but very interesting mysteries, with a little history thrown in.

My sister in law loves 24, we've never had time to try it out yet. You might like House, but it's not quite as clean as Monk is.

Unknown said...

law and order