Sunday, August 16, 2009

Trip to Washington- Day 4

Monday I had the pleasure of visiting Telitha, her husband Nolan, and my two little nephews whom I haven't seen in over 2 years. They moved to Washington this summer for Nolan's internship, so I'm looking forward to the opportunity to see much more of them!

Nolan managed to get all three car seats into the back of their car. A Herculean task.

The summer was very dry and hadn't really rained in two months. Of course when I come to visit it pours. Welcome back to Seattle! Sure beats the 100+ heat wave of the previous week, so I won't complain. Due to the soggy weather, we opted to go to the mall with a little indoor play area to burn off excess energy. There I had one of the best sandwiches I have ever tasted. It was a beefsteak with melted provolone and jalapenos all on a toasted sour dough bun. Delicious.

Isaac highly approved of the indoor play area. The soft climbing structures were just his size to scale up and down. He was very disappointed to leave and hooted his frustration. Unfortunately we weren't the only ones with the idea of going to the mall to escape the rain, and the area was packed with at least 50 kids.

James playing on top of the boat.

Baby Mark. I can't believe how coordinated he is already!

Tuesday, before the crack of dawn, we flew back. Fortunately the return flight was uneventful, and even the layover in LAX wasn't too long. Unfortunately Isaac only took two micro-naps (maybe 45 minutes total), so I had to entertain him for 5 hours in crowded conditions and 3 hours in airports. We were very happy to see Jonathan, Matthew, and Melissa!

1 comment:

Telitha said...

funny, we used the same picture! Can't wait till you come again!