Sunday, February 22, 2009

The Rodeo

Wow. I have not been pulling my fair share of posts lately.

Last Monday I took the kids to the San Antonio rodeo. Actually the rodeo is at night, but during the day it is like a big fair/carnival. The rodeo is BIG deal in San Antonio. It goes on for 2 weeks. We got there right when it opened, and first took in a puppet show. Most of the jokes were over the Matthew and Melissa's heads, but they were mesmerized nonetheless because of the puppets and the goofy guy with the guitar. Then we spent some time in the petting zoo with the llamas, goats, baby pigs, and deer. (There was even a kangaroo and joey!) The animals were quite friendly and not the least bit timid around small people, so that was fun. We stopped by the hand washing stations and then I lost Melissa for about 4 minutes and about lost it myself. When we got there it wasn't crowded, but a swarm of people converged right around the tent as we were leaving. I called and called for her. She was RIGHT THERE literally 3 seconds ago! A woman noticed me yelling for Melissa and pointed back in the petting zoo tent. Found her and gave her quite the lecture about staying right next to mommy at ALL times. That girl is giving me gray hairs!

Matthew and his buddy Jonah spotted the inflatable bouncing area so of course we had to stop there to get out the wiggles. And there was only one entrance and exit so I couldn't lose curly top. We watched a cattle herding event, checked out the chicken and dairy exhibits (where we took a break for ice cream), watched the pig races, and did typical fair stuff. It was kind of fun to take the kids to a "fair" since we didn't get to go last year. September was just too crazy.

To finish the day I let the kids pick 2 rides and then we had hot dogs and went home. Melissa crashed in the car on the way back so I carried her in and tucked her in bed. Matthew and Isaac both took a nap as well, so I got a break myself.

I would post pictures, but unknown to me the camera's batteries were nearly dead. I only got one picture before the camera gave up the ghost. Too bad.

No comments: