Monday, February 16, 2009

All I wanna do is rock

Isaac got up at 5. I took him downstairs and he snuggled into my shoulder, so I rocked him in the living room until he fell asleep. Usually he wants to play before he's ready to go back to sleep but not this morning. After half an hour he was in Limp Baby Mode: when you can lift his arm up and it goes up without resistance and flops limply back down when you let go, he's ready to be moved. Back to the bassinet with Isaac, and back to bed with me.

He woke up again at 6. Damn. He wanted to rock again. So we rocked, and he went back to sleep. I put him down in a blanket on the living room at 6:20 and he immediately started fussing. At 6:40 I thought I had him for sure but he started fussing again after 5 minutes of hope on the blanket. So we kept rocking until 7:20 when the big kids got loud, and I took him up to his mom.

Mornings like this, I think the iPhone is the best parenting aid ever invented.

No comments: