Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Finding Melissa


Finding Melissa
Originally uploaded by jbellis
Matthew got up at 7. He assumed Melissa was up because she was not in her room. Damn. She usually sleeps in if she stays up late. Guess not today.

I took the trash out. Didn't see Melissa on my way out the door, so I started to track her down. Not in the living room. Not in the kitchen. Not in the play room. Not in the guest room.

Hmm.

I was getting a little worried. She hadn't sneaked out last night after I went to sleep, had she? It wasn't completely outside the realm of possibility, not after I'd found her running down the sidewalk by herself when arriving home after taking Matthew to school. Had the door been locked when I took the garbage out? I couldn't remember.

I knew she liked to hide under the cushions of the chair-and-a-half, so I checked there before panicing. And there she was, fast asleep.

No comments: