Monday, July 07, 2008

Necessity, the Mother of Invention

For lunch today the kids wanted grill cheese sandwiches. No problem! I opened the refrigerator and realized that we were out of medium cheddar cheese, and the sharp cheddar doesn't make very good cheese sandwiches. Shoot!

Three hungry kids looked back at me. (Matthew invited a little friend over for lunch.) I thought about peanut butter sandwiches, but Matthew and Melissa don't like them. I needed to come up with something quick. Everything tastes better grilled, right? Plus kids will eat anything with marshmallows in it, so grilled peanut butter and marshmallow sandwiches. Brilliant!

They were a sweet gooey mess, and kids thought they were terrific. I know, I know, it's not the healthiest lunch around. But I was a desperate woman, and they had grapes and milk to go with it. And the bread was whole wheat!

I had some too; they aren't half bad! Reminded me of peanut butter rice krispy treats.

1 comment:

Butterfly Girl said...

Yum! I'll have one please!