Monday, June 29, 2009

Mama Mia!

(Or Isaac's first big people table food)

I made a big pot of spaghetti sauce with fresh vegetables and sausage on Sunday- none of this sauce in a jar stuff. As I cleaned up the kitchen, I put the big wooden sauce spoon in the dishwasher and turned to wipe counters. It was then that I heard happy baby noises. Uh oh. Isaac took the spoon from the dishwasher and was happily slurping away. He had sauce all over his face and hands. He proceeded to lick that spoon clean and was looking for more!

We sat down for dinner and Jonathan gave Isaac a noodle to keep him occupied until a small bowl of sauce cooled. Isaac eagerly downed the cooled sauce and begged for more. So Jon fed him more sauce and noodles.

The boy loves to eat! Matthew and Melissa were such picky young eaters (Melissa still is for that matter), that it warms my heart to have a kid who truly appreciates good food.

No comments: