Saturday, June 13, 2009

Keepin' Busy Day 3

Matthew looking philosophical:


Went to the zoo yesterday. We left early in the morning to avoid the heat, but it was still a hot, muggy day. It really is the humidity. Didn't seem to deter the crowds though. We left the zoo around noon and braved the swarm of humanity heading towards the zoo. We played it smart; got there early and went to the back of the zoo first, effectively beating the worst of the heat and the crowds. Matthew and Melisa had a good time. Isaac got bored before the end so I had to push the stroller with one hand and hold the Isaac with the other. He's heavy!

Feeding the parrots:

Isaac petting the goat:


After the zoo we all took a break for a while. Matthew spent much of the afternoon drawing. We left for the airport to pickup Daddy late that afternoon and then stopped by the body shop to pick up my car which was in the shop all week. About a month ago I was rear ended at a light by a teen driver. She didn't stop to exchange information, but fortunately I got the license plate before she sped off. Thankfully she was insured and they covered the cost of repair and a rental. Took care of another ding at the same time which of course we paid for. They did a fantastic job, and it looks great! I am a happy woman! Our old Ford Taurus had a largish dent in it (that I didn't put there) for nearly the entire four years we owned it. Bugged me every time I drove it. So I'm very happy that our minivan looks great.

No comments: