Saturday, January 31, 2009

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

The past few weeks our happy Pumpkin has been teething. He'd do pretty well during the day, but for some reason evenings and nights are especially tough, with lots of nighttime waking and crying. Ordinarily when he wakes at night he makes cooing sounds and rustles around a bit. I feed him, change him and he settles back down to sleep fairly easily. All bets are off when teething though...

Last night his second tooth poked through and he went to sleep without fuss. When I woke up it was gray outside, and I heard his muffled crying downstairs. Jonathan awoke before I did and took Isaac downstairs with him figuring that I'd already fed him all through the night.

Except I hadn't.

Isaac slept for 7 hours straight last night! I couldn't believe it. He was one very hungry baby boy! After eating he grinned, played, and cooed. He has never slept for more than 3.5 hours at a time (at most) so I was feeling very refreshed, like whole new woman in fact. Wow! I can't remember the last time I slept through the night, not since sometime in the third trimester... I've spent up to ten hours in bed and still felt exhausted in the morning, but 6 straight hours of sleep were fantastic! It's the first time in a while that I woke up feeling really rested.

Not getting my hopes up, but I wouldn't mind at all if this became a trend. :)

No comments: