Sunday, April 27, 2008

Pissed-off princess

Melissa is grumpy. It started when I took her out of the bathtub for shrieking. And then I toweled her off, if you can believe it. Now she's yelling so angrily that I can't understand her. I can only make out the vowels: AYHE IH AH! Take it off? Make it stop? Lay in stock?

I'm staying home from church with Matthew, who is feeling pretty good but still has a nasty-sounding cough. So I wish Mommy luck with our little angel.

Matthew is the Ibuprofen poster boy: give him a dose and he forgets that he's sick. Which is good, because when he remembers he's sick, he's the moaniest little boy you ever saw. Nobody ever felt sorrier for himself. But when he forgets he's sick he wants to play and do his usual high-octane activities instead of resting, so it's a bit of a mixed bag. (We'll definitely take forgetting he's sick, thanks.)

Update: more yelling. MOMMY [UNINTELLIGIBLE]! I HATE YOU! NO!

I might get two kids at home if she keeps this up.

No comments: