Saturday, April 26, 2008

Feeling better

Rachel is doing better, just in time for her dress rehearsal (Thursday) and concert (last night). In the meantime I got as sick as I've been in recent memory Tuesday and Wednesday. It may have been something different, or just a different form of Rachel's virus.

Tuesday night I felt cold and my body ached. ("Huh," I thought. "This feels like how my body ached last time I was sick.") When I went to bed at 11 for a nap my teeth were chattering. Rachel came to bed and pointed out that I had a fever. I decided not to get up after twenty minutes and slept through til 10 AM. Then I slept from 2 PM to 8 PM. Then another night's sleep at 10:30. In between I watched the kids so Rachel could rest.

Wednesday the fever was gone but my eyeballs still ached. I spent the day recovering.

Last night Matthew woke up at 3:30 with a headache. We gave him some ibuprofen and a forehead patch. Twenty minutes later he informed us he didn't need the patch anymore because his head was better. Thank heaven for drugs. We were afraid he was the next victim of the Ellis virus but he is doing fine this morning. (After getting up at 7:30, naturally.)

No comments: