Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Everyman 6

4 days in a row I've been alert and productive in the early morning hours. This is a big step in the right direction.

As a tradeoff though my body appears to have spread some of the fuzzy over the rest of the day. I feel like I'm at 90% all day instead of 40% from 3:30 to 7 and 100% the rest of the day. On the whole I think it's an improvement. We'll see though over the next couple weeks (a) if it lasts and (b) if the fuzziness eventually goes away.

Breakfast is a challenge. If I eat a couple hours after I wake up like I normally did, say around 5, by lunch time I'm starving. (And people who know me well know that when I'm hungry, I'm grumpy. Blood sugar, or something.) But if I eat a second breakfast around 9 I'm not hungry for lunch until 1 or later, which means I won't be hungry for dinner at a normal hour later on. A half breakfast at 5 followed by the other half at 9 seems to have worked pretty well yesterday. Still experimenting here.

Kids are a challenge (duh). When I started, the kids were sleeping until after 7 pretty reliably, so a 6:30 naptime was safe. Now as it gets brighter earlier they are waking earlier too. If I don't get my full nap in, it takes three times as long to feel rested "napping" while being "daddied" every few minutes.

No comments: