Sunday, March 23, 2008

Disability

Rachel got a nasty ankle sprain yesterday. She was in a lot of pain and could barely move. Today she is doing a little better but clearly this is not going to heal in a couple days. We had it x-rayed and splinted -- it is not broken but in some ways that is little comfort; almost all breaks heal within 3-4 weeks. A bad sprain can take longer, and this is a bad sprain.

How bad? Let me put it this way: when she was almost totally wiped out by strep, it still took a week for me to convince her to go to the doctor. It only took me one day to get her to go in for this.

Just in time for her sister to come out, too.

I think even more than the pain, Rachel hates being on her back most of the day. I kept having to send her back to the couch. "But I'm bored!" she protested.

We still had easter dinner as planned. Rachel told me what to do for most of it, and made the "easter rolls" herself. On the couch.

No comments: