Thursday, November 02, 2006

Musings of a four-year-old

Matthew has been discussing "when I get big..." a lot lately.

"I eat all my dinner, lots and lots, and get 'nough rest I grow BIG!" When I get big like Daddy, I build my own house. I have my own wife and kids."

"Yes, Matthew, that sounds like a good idea."

"I don't want to be big yet, just a little bit big."

"OK, I like having you as my boy."

"Yeah."

Just today he's informed me that he's picked out his wife.

"When I get big, Emma gonna be my wife."

"Oh really?"

"Yeah."

Emma's one of Matthew's buddies. There aren't many girls his age in our neighborhood, but a plethora of boys. As such, Emma's had to adapt to the wild running and chasing games of her peers. I guess Matthew figured that she was fun to run around and play with, therefore she'd be a good wife. I don't think at four he has a crush- Emma's just a good pal. Pretty cute.

-Rachel

No comments: