Thursday, November 23, 2006

Matthew's first talk

Matthew was assigned a talk in Sunday School. We forgot about it until Sunday morning, but fortunately, it's not hard to help prepare a talk to be given by a four year old, when you're trying to keep it within his own theological purview. "When I'm eight I'll be baptized and follow Jesus. Temples are where you get married. My mommy and daddy got married in the temple." When I was discussing this with him, he added, "An' you get RING, that mean you married. An' it take ALL DAY." I think Uncle Grant's marriage made a big impression!

I didn't actually get to see the delivery because Melissa had a cold, so I stayed home with her. But Rachel told me that Matthew kept stage whispering to her, "What next, Mama?" I don't think anyone thought it was too short.

No comments: