Friday, April 11, 2014

Too fast

Yesterday I had my 6 week checkup at the midwives' office.  It's always a bittersweet visit.  It is a time of goodbyes.  Goodbye to pregnancy, the early newborn phase, and the midwives with whom I've enjoyed visiting very much.  It is especially poignant this time because I think little Tommy will be our last baby.  I gave away my maternity clothes to a crisis pregnancy center and I hope someone else will get good use from them.  Can't say I was sorry to see the clothes go though.  Some of them date back to pre-Matthew and I was ready to part ways.

It is hard to wrap my mind around the fact that little Tommy is nearly 6 weeks old!

Here he is at 10 days with Debra and Monika.  


I didn't post any belly pictures for this pregnancy so here I am at 39 weeks and 40 pounds heavier.

That's a lot of baby!

Tommy at about a week of age.  

I was trying to figure out how he fit inside.  It is still a mystery.  Those little feet were right under my right ribs and he liked to stretch and roll. No wonder I was feeling crowded.

He still likes to sleep with his left arm right up by his head and his fingers curled up in his palm.  He must have spent a lot of time in utero like that.  I know I felt baby fingers poking me!

Here he is at 5 weeks.

At my check up, he was unofficially weighed at 12 lbs 6 oz.  However he was still fully dressed since we didn't want to disturb him, and it wasn't his check up so it wasn't necessary.  He's probably about 12 lbs. or just over.  He won't get an official weigh-in until his 2 month check at the doctor's office.  

He still makes the newborn squeaks, grunts, and chirps.  His cry is very loud though, and more like a much older baby's.  We can hear him all over the house; no need for baby monitors!

No comments: