Monday, May 28, 2012

Matthew has an email account now

I reserved Matthew a gmail address years ago and today I let him start using it.  His best friend Spencer is moving to Dallas so it seemed like a good time to start.

We gave him some ground rules (be wary of email from people you don't know; don't sign up for Google+ or anything else that asks for your birthday) and turned him loose.

One of the first things he did was send me this important question:

Why did you never get Terrai [Terraria] on your steam acount?  I could help you get more iteams [items]. It's a really fun game.
Of course, the first email I sent him was equally important: some deck-building advice.

As I write this, I asked him, "Did you read the email I sent you?"

"What email?"

"The one I sent you."

"No, Dad.  We've been gone all day."

"It was in your inbox before we left."

"Oh, that?  I didn't think it was important."

I think in literature they call this foreshadowing.

No comments: