Wednesday, May 23, 2012

December Peanuts

Yes, I'm six months behind on Peanuts posts...
  • Me: "Do you want to play Angry Birds?" Isaac: "No brawk! My my my!" I have no idea what he means. So he takes my phone and opens up Chu Chu Rocket. "Mice."
  • Matthew left his camera down. Isaac found it. I wonder how many cows Matthew will have when he comes home and finds his memory card full of Isaac self-portraits. (Epilogue: we don't remember. I guess imagining it was funnier than reality.)
  • Rachel's keys were lost for several days. We thought Matthew had taken them from the counter to get the mail, but he denied everything. Today Rachel remembered that Matthew had been shirtless after getting the mail, and she sent him to get a shirt on. "What if he took the keys with him and left them in his shirt drawer?" Sure enough, that's where they were. Rachel: "What I don't understand is how you could put a shirt on every day and not notice them!"
  • The problem with Matthew doing a job is that if everything doesn't go perfectly he will throw a tantrum and quit. See: pancakes for dinner.
  • Life lessons: Magic Eraser has virtually no effect on permanent marker on a textured wall. However, rubbing alcohol + baby wipes cleans the living HELL out of it. Fortunately for Isaac's chances of living to see kindergarten.
  • [Jonathan's] Dad doesn't know what POS stands for, but he knows it's inappropriate.
  • ‎Jake at work: "Welcome to the most productive two weeks of the year."
  • Gingerbread house decorations on the 20th. Isaac ate so much candy that eventually he had enough and started actually putting it on the houses. Three year old heaven.
  • Matthew is discovering to his chagrin that little brothers can be every bit as much trouble as little sisters.
  • I hate the wii. Isaac wants to play World of Goo on it but the wiimote tracking is too imprecise for him to deal with without bugging me every 30 seconds.
  • Melissa, praying: "Heavenly Father, bless Jesus to have a good birthday on Sunday. Amen." She wanted a birthday cake, too. To celebrate properly.
  • Me: "Telitha doesn't look very pregnant in this picture." Dad: "You either are, or you aren't."
  • The USB drawing tablet is a bust as far as Isaac's concerned. He'd rather use the touchpad.
  • Me: "Matthew got an Erector set for Christmas." Mom: "[My brother] Kevin loved those growing up. When we were kids, we wanted to be engineers. Now they get PhDs in English Literature and occupy wall street."
  • Corrina is pushing herself backwards on the floor now, away from the toys she wants to get. Won't be long now until she figures out how to go the other direction.
  • Number of times Melissa has dropped her new camera since Christmas morning [2 days ago]: 3. So far it still works, but we might have jumped the gun on this gift.
  • Rachel, after fixing Melissa's camera post drop on the floor: "I'm good at fixing things. I get lots of practice."
  • One of the drawbacks of taking Isaac in the Z4 is that it's compact enough that he can reach a lot of controls from the passenger seat. But the minivan is getting its fuel pump replaced, so I buckled him in this morning for the drive to speech therapy. When I got back from grabbing a USB cable for my phone I was greeted with, "Thank you for calling BMW Assist. If this is an emergency, please hang up and dial 911..."
  • Took Isaac to Burger King last night to get some wiggles out. After chicken nuggets and an hour climbing on the slides I told him it was time to put socks on and go. "No sock!" he told me emphatically, and ran off to the slide again. When he got down he came over, sat on the chair, and stuck his feet out. "I ree-e [ready] sock," he said.
  • Isaac helped carry in the groceries. Our dozen eggs is now an even 10.
  • Isaac found a show on Netflix called Dinosaur Train. It's about dinosaurs. On trains. For a three year old this is the most awesome concept ever.

No comments: