Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day

Jonathan's new business entails a lot of traveling lately. Yesterday after we picked him up from the airport, we celebrated Father's Day with hamburgers. Today he and Melissa are flying to New Jersey. Melissa's eagerly anticipated this trip. She will spend a few days with Grandma while Jonathan works.

For Father's Day the kids talked about their Dad. The italicized portions are their responses.


My Dad
By Matthew
Every morning my dad wakes me up for school and he makes me breakfast. When I was in school, I mean.
At bedtime my dad tucks me in.
My dad likes to play with me.
My dad's favorite thing to do is marbles. Let's just say marbles just in case, 'cause I like marbles and I bet he liked marbles too. Maybe he will play marbles with me.
My favorite thing to do with my dad is playing games. What kind of games? Like Justice League. We used to play chess. I liked that too.
My dad's favorite color is green.
My dad's favorite food is quiche. Quiche is kind of like egg pie, right mom? It's kind of silly, but I still like it.
His favorite superhero is Batman.
My dad's job is programming.
He wears any of his clothes that are clean to work.
My dad works quietly.
My dad makes me laugh when he tickles me.
I love my dad because he's fun and he's nice.
My Dad
By Melissa
Every morning my dad helps me make breakfast and sometimes he plays with me.
At bedtime my dad tucks me in bed.
My dad likes to (he loves to play games) with me.
My dad's favorite thing to do is feed birds.
My favorite thing to do with my dad is go swimming with him.
My dad's favorite color is blue and green.
My dad's favorite food is drumsticks and potatoes and green beans and fruit…. He likes a lot of things that are food and taste good.
His favorite superhero is the magic girl, the Justice League girl.
My dad's job is to wash the silverware and my job is to put away the silverware.
He wears work clothes to work.
My dad works with stuff, but not like a robot and not if he's sick.
My dad makes me laugh when he's silly. Sometimes he's super silly and makes me laugh.
I love my dad because he's very nice.

2 comments:

Adrasteia said...

Damn, I love quiche too. Mmmm, egg pie. This is a super cute idea. Happy Father's Day, Jonathan!

Telitha said...

how fun! Loved reading their responses:). Thanks for coming to visit us and helping me out when I got sick!