Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Chris Graduates

Proud Colonel Sinden standing next to the newly minted Airman First Class Sinden. Behind them is the mascot of Chris's squadron during basic.

In formation.

My goodness he's gotten tall! This was taken right after the military parade and oath the new airmen took. There was even a B-52 bomber that swooped in low right after the parade to honor the new grads.

Chris had a few hours off of base Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. We visited the botanical gardens on Saturday.
The gardens had a playhouses and forts exhibit for the kids to enjoy. Isaac probably spent 30 minutes in this playhouse alone. He loved it!

While Jonathan stayed behind with Isaac, Melissa raced ahead with Grandpa. I think they probably saw just about everything.
Matthew chose to go with Grandma. A wise decision as it turned out, since he got ice cream!

Dad with 3/4 of the gang.

Grandpa and Grandma bought Matthew a flight suit. He's worn it every day since he received it. Yesterday he informed me that he was ready to enlist. "Mom, I think I will join the Air Force tomorrow. I already have a flight suit."

The weekend was all too short....

Saying goodbye.
He will be stationed at Lackland AFB for the next 7? months, so we hope to see plenty of him during the weekends when he gets permission off of the base.

(Thanks goes to Dad and Jeremy for the pictures. I managed to forget my camera. Twice.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures, Rachel-thanks for posting them!! It looks like you all had a great time-I'm glad you were all able to be there to support Chris! Hugs to you all! (I LOVE Matthew's flight suit-he looks very official!)

Anonymous said...

OOPS-the previous anon comment was from me.......Candy

Adrasteia said...

Congratulations, Chris! Very cool. You look lovely as always, and I'm glad the kidlets had fun. Good times all around. Hi to your folks and family!