Saturday, August 28, 2010

Peanuts from June

I'm a little behind on the peanuts entries.
  • I still haven't figured out the secret behind hailing a cab in SF. I spent 20 minutes not getting a ride to the training event I was teaching, and ended up walking the 1.5 miles to my client this morning instead. Of course by then I was running out of time so it was more of a run. Then at 12 I asked what the plan was for lunch, and they told me, "we thought you're taking care of that." The money wasn't a problem, but making last minute catering arrangements was. Ended up ordering pizza. The day wasn't an unmitigated disaster, though: for dinner that night, I finally found the magic ingredient that makes broccoli edible: red wine sauce.
  • New sign you're getting old: [young] guy in your class says, "You look younger in person."
  • I'm a regular now at SFO See's Candy near gate 85. The cashier recognizes me and we speak Taglish (Tagalog mixed with English).
  • Melissa charmed all the TSA guards, but they still confiscated her deadly over-three-ounces hairspray.
  • Me: "No! No! No! Oh, wait: yes, you're right. Never mind." Fortunately my mind caught up before my mouth got to "What the hell are you smoking?" because that was next.
  • Me: "Dit, 'merci!'" Isaac: "Thank you!"
  • Rachel would like the record to show that she beat World of Goo before I did.
  • LAX turns off the power to the outlets in the waiting areas when they're not needed for cleaning machines and the like. I call that a dirty trick.

No comments: