Saturday, August 28, 2010

Peanuts from July

  • Dad," Melissa told me, and her eyes opened wide with excitement, "do you know what I can do? I can pour a glass of milk! _By myself_!"
  • Matt: "X is a lot like you. Except he's rich."
  • Dad complained that the light reading on probability theory I'd gotten him by Laplace was poorly translated. So I ordered him an edition in the original French.
  • "Melissa, quit chewing on the suitcase!"
  • Melissa still asks every morning, "is today going to be a hot day or a cold day?" I wonder how many hot days in a row it will take before she recognizes a pattern.
  • Glad I was looking out the window as we swung by the Washington monument and capitol on the approach to DCA. Pretty cool.
  • Matthew has been raised in a world of laptops and all-in-one machines. I tried to explain the concept of a "monitor" to him but I'm not sure if it made sense.

No comments: