Sunday, May 23, 2010

The unavoidable conclusion is that they LIKE arguing

If Matthew and Melissa have nothing to argue about, they will invent something. Here they are in the car earlier:
Matthew: I'm diamond.
Melissa: I'm diamond too!
Matthew: No, you're metal. Diamond is stronger than metal, so I can break you.
Melissa: Noooo! I want to be diamond!
Matthew: Okay, you're diamond. I'm [thinks] everything in the world.
Melissa: I'm diamond!
Matthew: Yes, but since I'm everything I squash you.
...

4 comments:

Adra said...

Maybe one of them can be a buckyball next time. Or graphite. CARBON WARS! ...I win so much.

GoodReason said...

Actually, it seems like a typical natural man/woman exchange. The female wants to be included; the male wants not only to exclude the female, but to exclude and dominate. I think I'll use this example in an essay!

Jonathan Ellis said...

Right, because little boys never argue like that with other little boys...

Oh, wait.

Jonathan Ellis said...

... and I just happen to have blogged yesterday about a little girl playing the exclusion game ("I have a phone and you don't") with Matthew.

I think you're experiencing confirmation bias to be honest.