Tuesday, March 03, 2009

On hold with the IRS

So I'm calling the IRS. The recorded voice is a pleasant female. The background music is overplayed classical pieces like Dance of the Sugarplum Fairies and Eine Kleine Nachtmusic.
I dunno. I think it would be more honest to have Darth Vader and The Imperial March.
(Our 07 return was a little complicated, and the IRS screwed up. They think we should pay taxes on some of our income twice. I called because I can't find the letter they sent me. They were eventually able to snail mail -- but not fax or email -- me another copy of the letter. Elapsed time: one hour twenty-one minutes. Then I double-checked what one of the agents told me about publication 525, and realized she was completely wrong. So I called back and waited another forty minutes to talk to expert #3 who confirmed my interpretation.)

No comments: