Tuesday, October 03, 2006

A sudden realization

As we ate dinner tonight, Matthew chose a bad time to harass Rachel about something. She was trying to keep Melissa from climbing on the table again, while simultaneously cleaning up the mess she made the last time she climbed up. (I was cleaning up too.) Rachel finally cut him off with a frustrated growl: "Rrrrr!"

That's where he gets it! I realized. Matthew growls a lot when frustrated, just like that. I've been curious about it for a while -- I never did figure out where he picked it up; I don't growl. (Matthew's exasperated sigh? That one's mine.)

I said as much to Rachel and she laughed. "Well, he does it a lot more than I do." Which is true, since I'd never heard it before. (No doubt when I'm around there's less to get frustrated about. :)

No comments: