Friday, October 22, 2004

Wih So

Tuesday-Thursday t rained 3 days in a row and most of the nights in between. That's a lot of rain in Utah. (I pointed out to Rachel that if we move to Washington that's what it will be like more often than not.) Matthew was going absolutely nuts from being cooped up inside. So both Wednesday and Thursday I took him to Arctic Circle to get a $1 hamburger and play on their indoor gym.

Anyway, while driving there Thursday I let Matthew eat a banana in the car. When we got there he kept telling me, "Sticky! Wih So!" Wih so is my transcription of his pronunciation of "with soap." So I took him to the men's room and washed his hands, with soap.

Later he knocked a pickle out of his burger and picked it up off the floor. "Wih so!" he demanded. I brushed his hands off and told him soap wouldn't be necessary. I don't think he believed me, but there was a gym to climb so he didn't make an issue of it.

In this respect Matthew is his mother's child. :)

No comments: