Sunday, October 27, 2013

March peanuts

  • Rachel, to a grumpy Corinna: "It's not always about you, kid. Sometimes, it's about dinner."
  • Picked up a subdued and somewhat anxious Isaac from Sunday School today. He had a coloring page with a cake with an 8 on top. Waving his page at me, he protested, "I don't want to be eight. I want [to] stay four!" I assured him that he was welcome to stay four as long as he wants. Four is a good age. [October: post-birthday, Isaac has decided that five is a good age, too. But he still doesn't want to get older than THAT!]
  • Rachel peered into Isaac's Sunday School classroom while passing down the hall. All the children were sitting still in their chairs, listening to the teacher... except Isaac, who was upside down, with his head in the chair, and his legs waving. Litttle Ellises just aren't very good at sitting still.
  • Matthew: "What is CC in email?" Rachel: "Carbon copy. Oh, that's right, you don't know what carbon copies are."
  • Rachel: "I'm very restrained in my use of The Look, considering what I put up with."
  • Melissa: "We're having lamb for dinner! And... other things! I think we're having a Jew-over!" [Passover]

No comments: