Friday, December 02, 2011

All I want for Christmas is...


After a month of her tooth teasing her, Melissa finally lost her first top tooth.  Really. We endured a whole month of wiggly tooth updates.  It popped itself loose at the school's fun run on a Saturday and neither of us had a bag or pockets, so I held her precious tooth for her til we got home.

That night Melissa wrote a note to the tooth fairy. 


One week later she lost the other tooth.  And then she really lost it.  "I can't find it anywhere!  The tooth fairy won't come!" It took some persuasion and plenty of tears, but Matthew eventually convinced her that the tooth fairy would still come.  "Melissa, once I couldn't find my tooth and I wrote a note and the tooth fairy still came!"  Wink, wink.

She composed this note:


Matthew reminded me 4 or 5 times to do my tooth fairy duties and even offered to play the role with his own money.  "I promise, I'll take care of it son."  He was afraid I'd forget since there wasn't a tooth under the pillow.  Matthew can tease Melissa mercilessly at times, and be very annoying to his little sister, but his heart is in the right place. 

The next day she was very pleased to find loot under her pillow.  Later on she found her tooth on the floor and thought the only right thing to do was return it to the tooth fairy, since she'd already paid for it.  She wrote another note and placed it with the tooth under her pillow. 

 

4 teeth down, 16 to go!

1 comment:

Adra said...

This is an adorable story. What a sweetheart Matthew is! You two have great kids. What blessings. P.S. I sent your birthday present, so be looking for it! <3