Sunday, April 04, 2010

Peanuts

  • Me: "Matthew, you have wiggles. Do 50 jumping jacks." Rachel: "You're doing them backwards! This is how you do it!" ... and that's where Matthew gets his compulsion to correct everything.
  • When my RSI flares up (from spending too much time on my laptop keyboard at home) I take 800mg of ibuprofen every 8h until it goes away. And I get religious about using my Kinesis again, temporarily. 10 year old medical advice, but it works for me.
  • It sucks, as a Mormon, when conferences offer a choice of two drinks: coffee or iced tea. (I blame the obscene profit margins hotels like to make on these things.) But! usually coffee has jugs of milk next to it. Better than nothing!
  • Matthew: "Why did you turn off the sound in civ4, Mom?" Me: "So you wouldn't come bug her." Matthew: "Well, it didn't work."
  • Rachel found a German bakery that makes the best apple strudel I have ever tasted in my life. Actually I think it's the best pastry I've had in my life, period.
  • I'd put "Matthew, don't experiment on your sister" in the things-I-didn't-expect-to-have-to-say file, but actually, I did kind of expect that one.
  • Woke up at 8:35 for an 8:30 meeting. I got ready in record time. After the meeting was over, I realized my shirt was on backwards.
  • Matthew was very grumpy about going to Sea World Wednesday [March 18]. "Today is an unjoyable day." He sulked for hours.
  • Me: "Are you ready to come out and help?" Melissa, in the bathroom until she picks up the living room: "I just don't want to because you don't love me to do what I want!"
  • Took the kids to McDonalds for breakfast. Isaac refused with prejudice pancakes, eggs, biscuit, sausage, and hash browns -- but he kept climbing up to the table and complaining he was hungry. Rachel explained: "When he goes to McDonalds, he expects chicken nuggets."

No comments: