Sunday, February 07, 2010

Peanuts

  • Matthew: "how many feet are in a mile?" Me: "5,280." Matthew: "What!? That doesn't make sense!" Matthew discovers the virtues of the metric system.
  • Texas grammar lesson: the possessive form of "you all" is "your alls."
  • Good news: one month after joining the corporate mother ship, the Snack Closet has not disappeared; it just became three Snack Filing Cabinets. Bad news: we had to padlock it to keep other divisions from raiding our snacks. This puts a damper on rummaging. (Evil corporate plan all along?)
  • Isaac broke the ps3 by jamming multiple DVDs into it. Good news: Sony "fixed" it by sending us a replacement unit. Bad news: the replacement unit wants to format my hard disk--which fortunately I did not send in to Sony--presumably to prevent me from pirating my own videos.
  • Had my laptop open when Matthew asked why popping your fingers makes noise. Thank you, Google.
  • Matthew would really love to learn French with Isaac, and he tries hard to mimic me. So far, he is still comically unable to make a French r sound, among other phonemes. Melissa is more linguistically gifted but does not care.
  • Melissa is in love with tights, but sometimes her judgment is questionable. One outfit: black shirt, black tights, lime green skirt.
  • It bugs me to see Watterson is doing his best to pull a Salinger: achieve success, then spend the rest of your life hiding from it. I got a bootleg Tracer Bullet shirt on eBay to give Watterson the metaphorical finger. What a waste of talent.
  • Played Primus too loud for Melissa, who asked me to turn it down. I'm totally going to remind her of this when she is a teenager. Repeatedly.
  • Melissa: "The stars are really giant? They must be far away since they don't want to crush people. Those are nice stars."
  • Let the kids stay up late Friday night so they could sleep in Saturday, but they both both got up at 7 to watch cartoons. Crankiness ensued.
  • Good thing Christan's parents sent Matthew home at 6, because I get Christian and Conner mixed up and it would be embarrassing to call the wrong house to ask for my son.

No comments: