Sunday, October 25, 2009

The invisible birthday party

Melissa informed me that tomorrow is her invisible friend's birthday. "And you don't have to clean your room to go!" She insisted on this point several times: she didn't get to go to a real birthday party on Thursday because she hadn't cleaned her room for two days. But since room cleaning day isn't until Tuesday, I assented.

Melissa further informed me that besides cake, her invisible friend required presents, so we needed to go to the store. Of course! But I pointed that invisible friends only get invisible presents. Melissa was not immediately convinced, but I held firm. Finally she agreed, but still insisted that the invisible presents Need To Be Wrapped.

So, she got a sheet of wrapping paper. I thought I was going to find out what the invisible friend's name was, but she just wrote "M" on it. M is for m-visible, of course! And then she wrapped... something, I suppose. I'm actually not sure what happened to it after that. I imagine I'll find out tomorrow.

No comments: